Unregistered Mail: It is the cheapest and easiest way of posting letters. It can be sent by writing the sender’s and receiver’s details on the envelope without filling any forms. The post is not registered to the postal system therefore it cannot be tracked. For posting requests of 5 (five) or more items, the list of posted items should be sent to the Documentation Unit by the relevant department.
- Certified Mail: The difference between Registered Mail and Certified Mail is the form that is filled during the sending process of the mail. This form is attached on the sender’s post and is sent back to the sender after the receiver fills in the necessary sections. This procedure is just for providing information to the sender. The post is registered to the system. A barcode is put on the Postage Request Form and it is given back to the sender so that s/he can track the status of the post. (Posts can be tracked down from the following websites:
http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/ A Postage Request Form should be filled for each Certified Mail.
Express Mail: The post is immediately sent to the receiver. A barcode is put on the Postage Request Form and it is given back to the sender so that s/he can track the status of the post. (Posts can be tracked down from the following websites:
http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/ For posting requests of 5 (five) or more items, the list of item should be sent to the Documentation Unit by the relevant department.
Eastern Mediterranean University Personnel Office Directorate Documentation Unit Postage Request Form Procedures
Within the scope of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System carried out by the Total Quality Management Directorate, the Personnel Office Directorate Documentation Unit aims to ensure the delivery of high quality postal services requested by Academic and Administrative Units. In this respect, changes have been applied on the Postage Request Form, giving the Units the opportunity to track their postage.
- A hardcopy of Postage Request Form should be taken from
http://hr.emu.edu.tr/en/services/mail-services and filled in providing an original signature. Then, the form should be scanned and an electronic version is to be sent to the Documentation Unit. Original form should also be sent to the Documentation Unit with the letter.
Postage Request Form
- Posted document/item is processed by the Documentation Unit and a tracking number is assigned to all Postage Request Forms except Unregistered Mails. The tracking number is reported to the sending unit.
- In Administrative Units, signature of the Director-Unit Manager and Unit Supervisor and in Academic Units Department Chair, Vice Dean or Dean has to be obtained.
- Postage Request Form cannot be used for personal purposes.
- Postage Request Form should be filled in by the requesting personnel and be approved by the Head of the Unit. Forms without the signature of the Head of Unit are not taking into consideration.
- * For questions and recommendations, please contact 630 1590 / 630 1605 and/or
Important: Department/Unit requesting postage should include a full address both on the envelope as well as the Postage Request Form.
Personnel Office Directorate